Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Too Much Has Happened!

Wow. On November 27, Daniel Byrne, father of my three children and my ex-husband, died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 53. This has been a devastating event, especially for John, Mark and Camille, and has changed all of our lives. We had been married for 25 years, from 1983 until 2007. It has been very difficult, emotionally, for me as well.

Nothing can really follow that up, but I will go on.

Anyway, I did find out the cause of my body aches from the last post in October. I visited my family doctor, Dr. Smith, and she figured out that I had vitamin D deficiency. I have been taking vitamin D, 50,000 units a week, since November 2. In addition, I called Crate and Barrel and they actually took back my old bed in exchange for another one -- this time, a Simmons ComforPedic Loft (like a Tempurpedic). The Beautyrest I had was so stiff and hard and I believe part of the reason for my body aches. The new bed is so incredible it's even difficult to get motivated to get out of it in the morning! I actually love this bed. It's expensive, but I think since you spend so much time in bed, it's important to get a good bed. I had never thought about this before, but it's true. It really is necessary to invest in a good bed.

I am still wearing a nicotine patch. I did smoke for 8-10 days somewhere in the middle of all that, but I was so disappointed in myself and really pissed that I spent nearly $100 on cigarettes during that time. I am absolutely not motivated to smoke again, especially after seeing Daniel die at age 53. Cigarettes harm your body, and it's not just a "probability" of getting cancer or dying of a heart attack. They absolutely WILL harm your body.

Okay, so that's enough for now. Back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment