Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday -- busy busy

Well, I didn't have a chance to exercise today, but I have an excuse.

I got up at 7:45 this morning and was on the freeway heading for Seattle by 8:45 for my hair appointment at Gary Manuel. That went very well, quick, efficient, no errors. Was out of there at 12:00. Wandered across the street to the Elliot Bay Book Company, where I bought three books on China for Camille, to include in her box with her new Christmas boots and everything else she wants me to ship. Got hot tea and a pastry at their coffee shop, then drove a few blocks to meet with my career coach, Joe. He'd made a scheduling error, so I got to meet with him for 30 minutes, which he "comped" me -- we will meet again in a couple of weeks -- and then headed back to Redmond with some ideas and a nice haircut.

I was wiped out when I got back. Put a log on the fire, strapped on my iPod, and listened to a relaxation podcast -- was out like a light for an hour. Then it was time to go pick up the Freecycle lamps. But the woman had given me the wrong address, and I ended up coming back home to find out what happened. We will try that one again in daylight tomorrow.

The rats are out on the sofa running around. I had a couple of hot dogs for dinner and they relished stealing pieces of those. In half an hour there's the rat hoarding situation on Hoarders, and all my rat friends and I are going to tune into that.

I have some urgent things I still need to finish tonight, and I really should work on resumes, cover letters, and applying for jobs. I might do that for an hour before taking a hot bath and going to bed with the relaxation podcasts. That routine seems to work great for getting to sleep (finally!).

No anxiety. The pills are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment