Monday, January 17, 2011

Cut way back on Caffeine!

Although I had several glasses of ice tea at the Desert Fire this morning over breakfast while watching the Seahawks game, I have cut WAY back on my total caffeine consumption. I only had a couple of glasses of died Pepsi today, and the rest of the day I drank only herb teas. I have a rule now that there is no caffeine after 5:00 pm, and that means that I check the labels on the herb teas to make sure they say "decaffeinated." Right now I am drinking Red Tea from The Republic of Tea.

A few years ago my son Mark gave me a very cool pot for brewing teas. It holds enough for two big cups of tea and has a basket in which to put either a round tea bag (although the square ones also work) or loose tea leaves. I use it all the time (thank you Mark!). I also have a small collection of herb teas, most from The Republic of Tea. At some point, I'll go back to the website and get more of the decaffeinated variety, but right now I have enough to last me a few days.

I am not feeling at all affected by cutting back on caffeine. Perhaps if I cut it out entirely, I would, but I'm not doing that. I'm drinking caffeine in moderation. I'm sure it's much healthier, and maybe cutting back will help me sleep better and perhaps reduce my anxiety level?

No comments:

Post a Comment