Saturday, January 15, 2011

JDRF Saturday Bike Ride -- Alas!

Went on the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Saturday bike ride today. There were four of us -- all of us pumpers, all of us adult onset Type 1's. We started off and everything was fine, but despite the fact that I'd just taken my bike in and had a tune-up, it failed me miserably, not shifting or tough to shift. We all rode back to my car after 75 minutes and I took the bike back immediately to the shop. Turns out that the company that made the derailing system is out of business, and the whole thing would have to be replaced. And it's not worth it on this bike, which is 10 years old at least. I really need a new bike. But in the meantime, there's a JDRF bike ride group loaner that will fit me, and the leader can switch out my seat and parts on it. The other alternative is to buy a 2010 model while they are on sale. But I think I need to save my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment