Sunday, January 2, 2011

Getting Ready for Cold-Weather Biking

Okay, I've decided to get my bike into shape so I can get out there and actually use those Redmond bike paths. So tomorrow, the bike is going into the car and to the bike shop for air in tires (I've never figured out how to do this myself, and I do have a pump, which I might take along for instructions!). Might also see what else I need to do to the bike. It's been outside on the patio and unused for a few months.

However, dressing for cold-weather biking -- like in the 30's and low 40's with some snow and ice on the ground -- is going to be a new experience for me. I've been doing some online reading about layers, head and ear covering, gloves, etc. I think I can get a cold-weather biking outfit together pretty easily with minimal expenditure.

Hey, it might be cheaper than a psychiatrist and anti-depressants.

No comments:

Post a Comment