Wednesday, January 30, 2013

No longer a doormat!

I AM NOT A DOORMAT!

I have been a doormat.  In fact, if I believed in reincarnation, I might say that I have been sent back to Earth in human form over and over to learn not to be a doormat.  How do I know this is one of my big lifetime lessons, if not the biggest?  Because I have had to learn this lesson over and over as a human in this life.  I have been a person who has--either out of ignorance of my rights, or fear of losing somebody's love, or just due to plain ole low self-esteem, and even because I'm just too darn trusting when I shouldn't be--allowed others to get their way at my expense.  In fact, I've been the kind of person who has, so to speak, been expected to bend over and take it.  And I have laid down and allowed myself to be walked on.  And I have bent over and taken it.

No more.

Over the past couple of years I have accumulated, shared and re-shared a collection of posts on Facebook that pertain to my transition out of Doormat-ness and the growth of my sense of self-worth.  I will now share some that I posted during January, 2013.  There are many more.



Probably my favorite.  I am not taking notes.
I know a couple of people who should hear this one. 
I dedicate it to one of them from both me and my mom.
Sorry but I choose not be be hurt by your craziness.
There are a heck of a lot of people who care about me and who love me the way I am. I also care about those people and love them the way they are.

The more I know about being human, the more I know that not a one of us is perfect. Most of us are neurotic messes.  A few are worth shutting the door upon.  The rest are worth loving and being with.

Another one by Jung:  "What you resist persists."   That thing that you hate in somebody else...well it's most likely yours, not theirs.  Or as they say in Transactional Analysis, "That's your shit."

Yeah, if it doesn't fit into your brain set, eliminate it. Cognitive Dissonance. Sorry you can't hear the truth.  That is your problem, not mine.  

You hate me because you hate yourself.
We are all responsible for our own lives. I am and you are. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment